What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect visitor information?
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features may be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to our website.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We currently are unable to honour do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. Currently, third-party tracking providers like Google Analytics do not support that, but we are looking at our options for what we can do to make that available in the future.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking
Last Edited on 30 April 2020.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Whenever a booking is made on behalf of an individual or multiple individuals, the person making the booking is required to present the terms and conditions to the each person for whom a booking is being made and to secure their acceptance before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
The acceptance of these terms and conditions by the person making the booking shall be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions by all individuals included in the booking.
- 20% non-refundable deposit on primary accommodations to secure a booking.
- Full Balance due upon the day of arrival.
- Minimum of 6 rooms for 2 nights for group bookings – full use of yoga shala with no day fee.
- Any unbooked rooms will remain open to the public for stay.
- Failure to fulfill any part of the original booking will result in a loss of the 20% deposit on a prorated per room basis.
- Failure to notify Amaravati Wellness Center of an unfulfilled booking or portion of booking at least (1) month before arrival will require payment of 50% of original room fee in final balance on arrival.
- Once Amaravati Wellness Center is notified of an unfulfilled booking – at least 1 month prior to arrival – Amaravati Wellness Center reserves the right to attempt to re-list and re-sell this room. If the room is re-sold, the original booker will receive the full prorated per room per night credit toward their final balance due.
- All payment is due in Thai Baht.
- All payments, transfers or exchange fees are the responsibility of the booker.
- No charge on all credit card (VISA, Master, AliPay, WeChat Pay) payments.
- At least 7 days notice of group schedule: including total meal count, days, times and number of meals..
- Transportation is the responsibility of the booker. Amaravati Wellness Center Transportation Services must make a confirmation of reservation prior 24 hours before arrival.
Any personal information you enter will only be used to process your booking. We will not sell or redistribute your information to any third party.
We do not accept responsibility or liability for cancellations, delays, changes in course programs, loss of/or damage to personal property of guests, or losses caused by acts of God, war or threat of war, closure of airports, civil strife, natural disasters, accidents, guests’ injuries, illnesses, medical or psychiatric conditions developed during or subsequent to the holiday, or any other events beyond or within our control.